Aka.ms/mfasetup – Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – Microsoft Authenticator App Download
Aka.ms/mfasetup: This document provides an overview of installing the Microsoft Authenticator application. You can use the Microsoft Authenticator application to obtain notifications on your tablet or smartphone to verify your identity when prompted for Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
Step 1: Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app (MFA).
- Visit the Google play store or Apple app store or Apple app store on your device and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Alternatively, you can go to aka.ms/authapp and download the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Step 2: Add your account to the app.
- On your desktop, visit https://aka.ms/mysecurityinfo.
- Select Add Method > Authenticator app.
- Follow the wizard experience to set up the app.
- Scan the QR Code in the app and test the push notification flow as part of this experience.
Step 3: Add a backup authentication method – To ensure that you can always authenticate, add a backup authentication method.
- Visit https://aka.ms/mysecurityinfo.
- Select Add Method > Phone.
- Enter your text-capable phone number.
- Select Text me a code
- Follow the wizard experience to set up the backup method.
Step 4: Change default sign-in settings to the Authenticator app – To ensure that you are prompted to sign in using push notifications:
- Visit https://aka.ms/mysecurityinfo.
- Select Default sign-in method > Change> Authenticator – notification option.
Congratulations! You are now set up with the Microsoft Authenticator app and can receive push messages for multifactor authentication verification.
Set up your Microsoft 365 Sign-in for Multi-factor Authentication
After your administrator has enabled your company and your account for the use of multifactor security (MFA), you will need to create your user account to utilize the feature. It will take just around a minute.
Tips: Want to know more about multifactor authentication? Learn more about multifactor authentication. What is multifactor authentication?
You can add additional protection to the Microsoft 365 account sign-in when you set up MFA by setting up MFA. For instance, you’ll first input your password, and then when asked, you enter an authentically generated verification code provided by an authenticator application or sent to your mobile.
- Log into Microsoft 365 with your work or school account and your username and password as you normally do. Once you’ve chosen to Sign in, you’ll be asked to provide more details.
- Choose Next.
- The standard method of authentication is to use the Microsoft Authenticator application. If it’s installed on your smartphone, choose “Next” to follow the instructions to create the account. If you don’t, there’s a link to download it.
- If you prefer to use SMS messages sent to your phone, then choose I’d like to switch to an alternative method. Microsoft 365 will ask for your mobile number, and it will send you an SMS that contains a six-digit code to confirm the device’s identity.
- After you’ve completed the steps to provide your verification method of choice, when you next login into Microsoft 365, you’ll be asked to enter the additional verification details or take action like typing in the verification code supplied by your authenticator app , or delivered to you via text message.
If you’re using applications that do not support multifactor authentication, it is necessary to set up an application password. Check out the management of passwords for apps for more details.
How do I set up Microsoft multi-factor authentication?
Switch on the latest authentication technology for your business
- Within the Microsoft 365 admin center, in the left navigation select Settings > Organization settings.
- In the Services tab, select Modern authentication. Then, in the Modern authentication pane, ensure Enable Modern authentication is selected. Click to save modifications.
Why does Office 365 have multi factor authentication?
How do I get the QR code for Authenticator in Office 365?
How do I register a new device with Microsoft Authenticator?
If you have a device that you wish to be able to trust, go to the Security settings page and then log in with the Microsoft accounts. You’ll be asked to verify your identity. Select whether you want to receive the code by text, email, or an authenticator app. Once you’ve received the code, you can enter it into your text field.
How do I find my Microsoft authenticator code and URL?
On your PC, write down the URL and Code on the mobile app’s page Configure. Open this page to ensure you can view the URL and code.
How do I get Microsoft authenticator on my PC?
Microsoft Authenticator app is now available to download on Windows Store for Windows 10 Mobile devices. The app is expected to come with a feature that allows you to access your Windows 10 computer’s security over Bluetooth without entering the password. Open the app, and click on a computer nearby.