Aka.ms/yourpc – One of the essential features added to Windows is connecting PCs to smartphones via the dedicated app. But there is a process that you must follow for the same.
The good news is that here is the complete guide on how to connect your phone to Windows PC using the phone app located at aka.ms/yourpc.
Windows has become the most widely used operating system across all nations; Microsoft launched it as a graphic operating system for MS-DOS in November 1985, the first to take over the PC market worldwide.
It is often not known that Windows operates not just for tablets and personal computers but also embedded devices. The Windows specialized version is also employed in Xbox, a video game console from Microsoft. Xbox.
Microsoft Corporation is constantly updating Windows and including new features to ensure efficient performance and improved experience for the users.
So, take this article easy to read and understand the procedures.
Also Check :Sign In Xbox
Can You Pair Your Android Phone to a Windows PC?
Connecting an Android device to a Windows computer is possible, yes.
This can be accomplished on select Android devices by downloading the Link To Windows mobile app
The Link To Windows mobile app communicates with the Link To Windows desktop programme.
As one of Windows’ core functions, the Link To Windows programme must already be present on your computer for it to be useful.
You should be able to synchronise everything once you’ve paired your phone and Windows PC using the Link To Windows and Phone Link programmes.
However, not every Android phone can fully sync with a Windows computer.
Also Check Aka.ms/authapp to make your Microsoft account secure.
Only the Surface Duo and Samsung Galaxy smartphones, when paired with a Windows PC, offer their full capabilities.
The Link To Windows app still allows most other Android mobile devices to pair with a Windows PC, however as of this writing, just a subset of pairing features is available.
Install Your Phone App on Windows 10 PC to Use Aka.ms/yourpc to Link Windows PC with Phone
Let us begin, please pay close attention to the steps.
- Press the “Start” button.
- Investigation of the Setting
- Select Update Security under the Settings menu.
- Now, click the “check for update” button.
After that, you may get the Windows OS and all its updates from Microsoft’s official download page and install them on your computer. Once the download is finished, you may receive a notification that says “Link your Windows PC to your phone.”
That wraps up our discussion on system updates and making your computer/phone compatible.
- The computer must be started by pressing the “Start” button.
- After that, click the Microsoft Store link
- If you still can’t locate it, pull out your mobile device and launch the appropriate application
- Follow these steps to link your computer and mobile device: add the same email id used on the computer to your mobile device; search for “your computer;”
- select the name of your computer from the results; click “Link to Windows OS”; open the app on the computer and click “Send Notification” to confirm the pairing.
How to Download and Connect Aka.ms/yourpc App for Android 7.0 or Above?
- Go to https://aka.ms/yourpc for more information.
- If the app is compatible with your Samsung smartphone, you’ll be taken straight to the Microsoft Store to get it.
- There’s a chance you’ll be taken to the Google Play Store to get the app on your phone. To communicate with a Windows computer, use the companion.
- Get the programme going.
- Two choices are available to you. for You can sign in using either your email address or a QR code, which will sync your phone with your computer.
- To proceed, please click here.
- Select “allow” when prompted to share your thoughts on the message before sending it.
- Allow call making and receiving if you want the freedom to do so.
- If you’re comfortable with this, click “allow” or “enable” to grant access to your contact list.
- Click continue and move further.
- Select “Let’s Keep in Touch” to proceed.
- Depending on your situation, you can either deselect the battery optimization option or keep it enabled.
Which Android Phone can Use “Your Phone App” to Link Phones to Windows?
If you own a Samsung, you already have access to this app, but if you don’t, you should definitely keep reading. Those with an Android 7.0 or later can access www.aka.ms.yourpc.
If your phone runs Android 7.0 or later, how would you tell?
This is how you can make sure:
- Go to your phone’s Settings by tapping the gear icon.
- Click the “system” link and scroll down.
- Finally, navigate to your device’s “About” menu.
- Here you can see all the information about your Android version.
To link your mobile with your PC, download www.aka.ms/yourpc from the play store on your phone, then follow the same steps as with a Samsung phone.
The benefits of linking Your Phone to a Windows PC
Connecting your mobile device to a computer has never been more important. Users can do many other things when connecting both devices.
Have you ever thought about responding to a WhatsApp message or another text message sent to your phone via the computer in the PC itself?
The fact that the devices are connected allows this to done.
Android users get the best experience by using the Windows’ Your Phone application.
This is how:
- Beginning with the most basic advantage, users can effortlessly transfer content from their phones to their computers. Therefore, stop sending yourself all your important files, and go for the simpler and quicker method- Drag and Drop.
- Use the cross-device copy paste option to copy content from one device to paste it onto another. It’s unnecessary to duplicate things; copy the file from your computer and paste it on your Android phone, or vice versa.
- Users are now able to create and receive calls using their personal computers. They can also answer calls using the PC’s speakers and microphone. So, you no longer require your phone to nearby to listen to the calls.
- Android users can immediately access over 2000 images directly from their phones to their personal computers.
- Users can instantly access the apps installed on the phone via their PC. Suppose you’re using an internet connection and a computer. In that case, you can use these applications to play games, chat online, browse, and so many other things on your computer’s bigger monitor and your keyboard. Multitasking is also possible.
All you have to do is configure the device and then modify its settings to allow these features to function. Please note that only Android phone owners can avail these advantages. Microsoft cannot connect to Apple’s iPhones due to Apple’s security, making it difficult to obtain stable and reliable syncing.
Requirements for Linking the Phone to Windows PC
The Phone Link experience starts on your Windows PC and the Phone Link application. With your PC, you are able to connect to Android or Samsung devices by using an application called the Link to Windows app that’s installed on your device, or it can download from Google Play or Samsung Galaxy Store.
This connection that connects your Android device and your PC provides you with immediate access to everything you want to do.
You can read and respond to text messages quickly, look up recent pictures from your Android device, utilize your preferred mobile applications, make and receive calls, and handle the status of your Android device’s notifications on your computer.
Phone Link app requires the following function: Phone Link app requires the following to function:
- A PC running Windows 10 (with the May 2019 Update or later) or Windows 11.
- An Android device is running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later.
- Your phone and PC need to connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
We recommend having the most current version of Windows installed to ensure you have the best experience when using Phone Link. Phone Link app.
Note: The Phone Link app does not currently allow multiple Android profiles or school/work accounts.
How to unlink a device in Your Phone app?
Did you switch your phone, or would you like to connect a different device to Your Phone app? Don’t worry; we can help! It is easy to remove a device from the steps below:
Make sure to follow the steps for both your computer and your Android phone to unplug the two devices.
In Your Windows PC:
- Open a web browser on your PC and search accounts.microsoft.com/devices/android-ios.
- Now log in to your Microsoft account. Microsoft login.
- A list of all connected devices will appear on your display. Choose the Unlink option for each device.
- Visit Your Phone app, close it, and reopen it to make the changes.
On your Android phone:
- Start an app that is compatible with your phone.
- In the upper-right corner, go to Settings and choose Accounts.
- Find the Microsoft account you used when you connected to the PC and click the Sign Out button next to the account.
- Follow all of the steps to disconnect your Android phone from Your Phone app.
You can now connect to other devices using Your Phone App.
Conclusion – Aka.ms/yourpc
I’ve just shown you how to use my mobile app in conjunction with the www.aka.ms.your pc download.
By now, you should have a good notion of which phones and computers work together, and you should also know how to check this compatibility on your computer and mobile device. Please let us know if you have any problems with www.aka.ms/yourpc.
FAQs – Aka.ms/yourpc
Can I download “your phone app” without the Microsoft store?
If you want to get “your phone app,” all you have to do is go to the Adgaurd store’s official website, paste the app’s link, and it will appear here for you to download.
Is it possible to use “your phone app for windows 7”?
Unfortunately, the Your Phone app is only compatible with Windows 10.
www aka ms yourpc can be used on all mobile devices?
Yes, it is compatible with all Android and Windows 7+ devices.