A Windows phone companion called “aka.ms/yourpc” connects your smartphone to your Windows PC, so you can use the “Windows Phone App” to access your phone’s data, including messages, photos, notifications, apps, and much more.
The Phone Link app requires the following to work:
- A PC runs Windows 10 or Windows 11 with the May 2019 Update or later.
- A device that runs Android 7.0 (Nougat) or a later version.
- Your phone and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
What is Aka ms yourpc?
You can use aka.ms/yourpc to connect to your phone, which makes a copy of it. You can use this website to make a copy of your Samsung, Windows, or Android phone to use on a bigger screen.
Requirements for linking www.aka.ms/yourpc phone companion
In this section, we are going to discuss the essential requirements to connect your phone to your PC or laptop so just read through the enlisted:
- Phone Companion application –The most important software to put on your smartphone. You can get it right away by going to www.aka.ms.yourpc. This link will take you to Microsoft’s official website, where you can download it without problems. But remember that you need to download it from either this link on the Microsoft website or the Play Store on your phone.
- Companion software on Windows OS – The second most important app you need lets you see if your Microsoft Windows has a phone companion app. Go to the search bar and type “Phone link” into it. If it comes up in the search results, click on the icon. If not, update Windows to the most recent version, and the icon will appear. Because it only works with Windows 10 and versions after that.
- Wi-Fi connection: A strong and stable internet connection is the third most important thing your devices should have so that you can connect your phone directly to your PC and use all of your phone’s apps and features on your PC or laptop.
If you know about this feature but don’t use it, it’s like having a DSLR but not using it to take photos.
It can make a big difference when you learn how to sync your phone with a computer using www.aka.ms.yourphoneqrc. Because sometimes, we need to use our cell phones and PC simultaneously, and it’s hard to do both at once.
Pairing your phone to a PC is not a hurdle, learn how
Here, www.aka.ms.yourphoneqrc is like a magic elixir because it lets anyone with an Android phone connect to a Windows PC with just a few clicks.
Don’t you believe me???
For your information, I’d like to let you know that clicking on this link will make a QR code appear on your Windows device. But before you go any further, you should know that this feature is only available on the Surface Duo and Samsung Galaxy phones. The same list also includes HONOR devices with OS versions 9.0 or higher.
Isn’t that a little bit?
But if you have one of the devices listed above, you should read on to find out how this works.
Even though www.aka.ms.yourphoneqrc works well for everyone, you don’t need to worry if it doesn’t work for you. As the saying goes, if God shuts one door, he opens another. This just means that there’s a way out.
Please note that “Link to Windows” is an application that does the job. This app is already on some devices, but many don’t know how to use it. Interested in how it works? I’ll tell you more about that in the next section.
Returning to what we were talking about, I’d like you to tell me more about how you use this app or the link we gave you.
How to Link your Devices with PC? – aka.ms/yourpc
Link your device with PC from the following steps-
- In the search box on the taskbar, type “Phone Link” and click on the Phone Link app.
- If you haven’t already done so with Windows, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- On your Android device, install or open the Link to Windows mobile app. Open the browser on your Android and type in the link aka.ms/yourpc.
- Use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in to your PC to sign in to the patient portal on the Windows mobile app.
- After logging in, go back to your computer and click Pair with the QR code in the box that says, “I have the Link to Windows app ready.”
- Your PC’s screen will show a pop-up window with a QR code.
- From the Android app’s menu, choose “Link your phone and PC.” Does your computer know how to read QR codes? Select Continue.
- Before it can use your camera, the app will ask for your permission. After you give the app permission, a camera will start up. Use this camera to scan the QR code on your computer screen.
- You may be asked for more permissions when you scan the QR code with your Android device. With these rights, you can get to content on your PC that is on your phone.
- When you’re done following the steps on your Android device’s screen, tap Done.
- Check out the Phone Link app on your PC when you get back.
Establishing connection on your phone via www.aka.ms.yourpc
Before you install this or do this step, please ensure you can connect to the internet and that your device is at least version 6.0. Now, here is the first step you can take to start the process:
- Just go to www.aka.ms/yourpc, where you can find software that works with your smartphone.
- Please open the file on your phone after you’ve been to the site and downloaded it.
- Now it will ask for some basic information about the Microsoft account, like the username, password, etc., which you must fill in.
- After doing this, remember the email ID and use it to sign in to your PC or laptop using the same ID.
- After all of these steps are done correctly, a QR code scanner will appear.
- Click on that and scan it with the same Microsoft ID on your computer.
- Now, go to this link: aka.ms/mfasetup to open a scanner that can scan your phone.
- It will send you to the “Phone link” program. Tap the “Open your Phone” option once it’s open, and it will show a QR code scanner.
- Put your phone in front of the scanner and let it scan it. After you confirm your device, it will ask for some basic permissions from your device. Carefully read them and then go on.
- Your device will be shown on the computer screen when the process is done.
- Have fun using your phone’s functions on your PC!
- Also visit aka.ms/authapp
How to Link your Devices with another Android Device?
Following are the steps to link Android device-
- If you need to, open the Google Play Store, search for “Link to Windows,” and then download the app.
- You will see a QR code on your computer that you need to scan.
- To find the QR code, open the web browser on your PC and go to aka.ms/yourpc.
- Use the camera in the app on your Android device to scan the QR code you see on your computer.
- You might be asked to do a few things if you scan the QR code.
- With these rights, you can get to content on your PC that is on your phone.
Benefits of Linking a Smartphone to a Windows OS device – aka.ms/yourpc
After launching this feature, Microsoft made it quite easy to operate smartphones via Windows. And here are the advantages of this service feature:
- Seamlessly transfer content – Let’s start with the most basic benefit of using this software. People have been downloading third-party applications to move content between devices in the past few years. USB cables were too slow and not a good way to transfer the content. But with this app, users can send unlimited content in just a few seconds. It is so fast and safe that your content is not shared with anyone.
- Access of applications – So, another benefit of using this feature in Windows is that you can use any app on your phone without having to restart it. But for this sync process to work, users must be connected to the internet. Once this is done, users can see their smartphone apps on a bigger screen.
- Perform operations – We’ve talked about being able to use the apps on a bigger screen. But you can also do things with those programs. Now, imagine that you’re using WhatsApp, and someone calls you. So, if you use this feature, you can answer them on a bigger screen and do everything you do on your phone.
- Access to a smartphone –Transferring, calling, and even getting to the apps is pretty cool. But you can do much more with this feature than you might think. With this software, you can now use your whole phone. You can look at your gallery and videos, too.
These were the main benefits of linking the Smartphone to Windows OS through www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc. So, we will talk about the steps and requirements for connecting a phone to a PC.
How to terminate the connection of my smartphone from my PC?
Well, you’ve linked your device successfully through the www.aka.ms/yourpc website. But now this feature is giving you trouble, so you want to disconnect your phone from your PC. So, just follow the steps below, and you can disconnect your phone from your computer.
- First, you must go to the Microsoft website and sign in with the same email address you used.
- Now go to the “Device” section, and you’ll see a list of all the connected devices.
- Tap on the device you want to remove, and then confirm.
- If you return to the phone and reopen the app, it will say “disconnected.”
- If you want to remove the www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc link from your phone, you can do the same thing.
- Open the companion app on your device and go to the Settings menu. There you’ll find the Accounts option. Click on it to open it.
- Find the same Microsoft email address that was entered on the PC.
- Post-finding clicks on the account and then press the “Logout” button.
- When you click the links that appear, your device will be disconnected from the PC.
Resolve issues faced while using www.aka.ms.yourpc
- Please ensure that both devices are signed in with the same Microsoft account.
- Check the internet connection again to see if it is working or not.
- Also, turn off the battery saver on your PC or laptop. Sometimes it turns off all the networking connections.
- Please turn off your phone’s “Do not disturb” setting.
- Make sure you only go to www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc, which is the official website.
Conclusion – aka.ms/yourpc
Microsoft’s Windows OS has amazing features. It eliminates the need to download third-party apps, saving users time. Just connect their phones to the PC and perform any phone-based operations.
Download PC and smartphone software at www.aka.ms/yourpc. Windows Microsoft’s advanced features connect and replicate devices. It is an industry leader that provides the best user experience every day.
FAQs – Aka.ms/yourpc
How do I link my phone to my PC?
How can I use my mobile on PC?
How do I link my phone to my PC with a QR code?
Where is Link to Windows on my phone?
Link to Windows on Android devices
You can find the Link to Windows App in the Quick Settings menu on such devices by swiping downwards from the top of the screen.
How to connect Android to PC?
Is it safe to link phone to PC?
Microsoft recommends that each PC user create a separate Microsoft account to protect their data. Separate accounts protect your Phone Link information and any other data stored on the PC.